----- Original Message -----
From: "Martin Preisler" <mpreisle(a)redhat.com>
To: "open-scap-list" <open-scap-list(a)redhat.com>,
scap-workbench(a)lists.fedorahosted.org, "SCAP Security Guide"
Cc: "Martin Zember" <mzember(a)redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 3:22:05 PM
Subject: [Open-scap] SCAP ecosystem test day results
* openscap doesn't include any content, yet it was expected of it
- user tried to look for "some version of openscap that can do
* if user selects a profile ID that's not in the content, openscap
should either print `oscap info` on the file to help or at
least hint the existence of `oscap info`.
* ssg custom repo in documentation, outdated...
* user didn't notice a report has already been generated using
--report and generated it again
Not sure what to do about this, the docs are fairly clear already :-/
* confusion about OVAL results and check system details
Should be much improved with
* user@target placeholder text disappears when you paste IP
there. Then user doesn't realize that user@ can also go there.
No idea what to do about this :-(
* Where does workbench get ssh password? User first searched
for input boxes or settings before starting the scan and
filling out the ssh-askpass box.
No idea what to do about this either. I want to avoid workbench
storing or even handling any ssh credentials anywhere.
* Ctrl+F or / was expected to search in both main window
and tailoring window.
* Enter doesn't confirm search in tailoring window, user had
* No visualization of dependencies between rules and values
* Save content vs Save tailoring, what is the difference,
what do I want to use?
* The user manual was not used unless explicitly talked about.
No idea how to convince users to use the manual, workbench even
has Help -> User Manual which opens it in the web browser.
Any suggestions welcome here.
* Opening tailoring file directly doesn't automatically open
the content and then the tailoring file.
We should be able to fix this but it will require changes in both
openscap and scap-workbench.
* scap-workbench is not all that much advertised on
scap-security-guide or openscap web pages. It is therefore
quite hard to discover it.
I added scap-workbench to Documentation introduction but the truth
is that users probably skip past that. Not sure what else to do,
it makes no sense to hint scap-workbench in every example listed