I had some time to go in and (finally!) restructure Trac, the
Fedora Hosted provided ticketing system. In short:
- Killed off stale milestones and reassigned open tickets to new ones
which make sense. Note many items, such as CCE mappings, I'm considering
a ticket of a milestone (vs a milestone itself). To my knowledge we
cannot setup "sub milestones," so this approach seems best for now.
Current OPEN milestones are below:
* Remediation Content Synchronization (adding in TBD
* RHEL6 STIG - DISA InitialDraft Submission Feedback
- Updated "Components" of the project, which allows users to place
tickets against specific subsections. The updated list:
* Build System
* OVAL Content
* Remediation Content
* XCCDF Content
- By default all new tickets will be owned by Michele Newman, who will
screen them and pass along as appropriate.
For those interested, here is a list of all open tickets by milestone:
For those not on the open-scap tool mailing list
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Open-scap] openscap-0.9.2
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 16:13:28 +0100
From: Petr Lautrbach <plautrba(a)redhat.com>
a new OpenSCAP release is available - openscap-0.9.2.
- rewritten the heuristic for pattern matching on path and filepath
- CPE 2.3 language applicability testing
- new ds_sds_index API providing a datastream overview
- CPEs in source datastreams are automatically registered and used
for XCCDF evaluation
- --cpe option autodetects CPE dictionary and language
- CVE support (validate feed, print CVEs)
- introduced info module
- made "$oscap xccdf generate custom" work again -> man page update
- bug fixes
Note: If you use RHEL-5 with libxml2-2.6.26-2, you won't be able to validate
various XML content using XML schemas, see . As a workaround, it's possible to
build and use oscap with the version of libxml2 from RHEL-6 installed.
Petr Lautrbach, Red Hat, Inc.
Open-scap-list mailing list
(Trying to catch back up now.)
Why are we changing colons to periods?
If there are style requests that decrease readability (but are required
for some peculiar reason), please try to macro these out so that at
least some outputs look literate.
I only get (null) result on almost all test when using
scap-security-guide-0.1-6 or scap-security-guide-0.1-7.
I'm executing the test on a rhel 6.3 box having below version of
# oscap xccdf eval --profile server /usr/share/xml/scap/ssg/content/ssg-rhel6-xccdf.xml
Rule ID: partition_for_tmp
Title: Ensure /tmp Located On Separate Partition
Rule ID: partition_for_var
Title: Ensure /var Located On Separate Partition
Rule ID: partition_for_var_log
Title: Ensure /var/log Located On Separate Partition
Rule ID: partition_for_var_log_audit
Title: Ensure /var/log/audit Located On Separate Partition
Rule ID: partition_for_home
Title: Ensure /home Located On Separate Partition