So, I've been hacking around with bloom recently. My git branch is
here. I've had some success already: This template file, produces
It's hardly complete. I don't think it'll generate specs for anything
other than catkin currently, since current logic looks for catkin
itself. A lot more to do. A few other issues too:
- The deps are really messed up. The BRs and Requires are all messed up.
For instance, gtest-devel shouldn't be a "Requires". It should pull in
gtest on it's own. This is probably due to the rosdep key list which
doesn't seem completely correct to me. Dev and non dev packages are kind
of mixed up. I've recently opened a pull request where I've added a
lot of Fedora packages to the base.yaml packages. If you have the time,
please consider taking a look and validating/improving it.
- I haven't started working on the building part yet. (what debian
refers to as a control file)
- I'm not sure how to generate the Source0: field since the package.xml
doesn't appear to have it. There might be a hint in the control template
file. I'll look into this later.
I'll continue working on bloom and hopefully I'll have a better update
report next time.
If you want to give it a whirl:
- clone my repo
- set up a python virtualenv
- activate the virtualenv
- cd <bloom-checkout>
- python setup.py develop
- checkout catkin somewhere
- bloom-generate rpm <path to catkin checkout> --os-version=19 -d
- This should generate your spec in a folder "rpm".
Join Fedora! Come talk to us!