Agenda Item Request
by Jaime Magiera
The Fedora CoreOS Working Group is in the process planning future hosting and naming for our container images. To do so, we think it would be helpful to get a sense of what registry Fedora’s containers will be hosted in looking to the future.
Could we get on your agenda for Tuesday’s meeting to ask a few questions and maybe do some shared brainstorming?
1 year, 1 month
[release] Pungi 4.3.4
by Ondrej Nosek
The Pungi development team is pleased to announce the availability of Pungi
4.3.4. Releases are for Fedora 34-36 and will be in a stable repository in
Here are the changes of 4.3.4:
* Do not clone the same repository multiple times, re-use already cloned
Clone the directory to the compose tmp directory. Update the test_scm in
order to create
real Compose object. Mock objects are not allowed to create/delete files
* Variants file in config can contain path (onosek)
rcm-metadata configs contain a definition of variants file. It can be in
form of SCM or file path.
Before the fix, only variants file's basename was considered. Now the
path can be written.
Example: variants_file = "comps/variants-rcmtools-2.0-rhel-8.xml"
* 'nomacboot' option for livemedia koji tasks (cobrien)
* kojiwrapper: Add retries to login call (lsedlar)
The gssapi_login call is not retried automatically by Koji yet (see
koji#3170). Let's try
to work around that by retrying in the calling code.
* doc: improve osbs_registries explanation (kdreyer)
Explain the use-case for this setting, and use the active voice to
explain what actions Pungi
performs relative to other tools.
* osbs: only handle archives of type "image" (kdreyer)
Prior to this change, if a container image used Cachito with OSBS, then
OSBS would store
additional "remote-sources" files in the Koji archives for the build.
Pungi cannot parse
the metadata for these archive entries, so it would crash in add_metadata.
Tell Koji to only return container image archives, and ignore these
* Fix the wrong working directory for the progress_notification script.
The notification script inherits working directory from the parent
process and it can be called
from the same directory ``pungi-koji`` is called from. The working
directory is listed at the start
of main log.
* Filter out environment groups unmatch given arch (hlin)
Remove undefined groups or groups not matching given arch from
* profiler: Respect provided output stream (lsedlar)
* modules: Correct a typo in loading obsoletes (ppisar)
obsoletes --> obsolete
* Update the default greedy_method value in doc (ounsal)
Refer to the documentation  for details on what configuration
options are available.
If you encounter problems or need general help, stop by #fedora-releng
IRC channel or file issues in Pagure.
1 year, 1 month