[pungi-fedora] Issue #426: Convert file sync from one-liner to durable shell
kellin reported a new issue against the project: `pungi-fedora` that you are following:
The way we rsync composes today is a one-liner bash script that is not very durable and requires that a release engineer babysit it through the entire four hour rsync process.
I am going to make this more durable, however, it will also slightly change our process behind the scenes.
Today if a process works or is DOOMED after a full run it is assigned an RC release number. (EG: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc). If the compose fails quickly from something such as a failure to have signed packages then it will not be assigned a release candidate.
Per @mohanboddu there is not a durable way to identify the all of the different ways the special case DOOMed composes occur so they will be assigned an RC number after the automation is deployed.
The only visible change will be extra gaps in the RC composes in /pub/alt/stage that represent these extra numbers being inserted to the sequence.
@mohanboddu is fine with this change; does anyone else have objections?
@ausil , @kevin , @puiterwijk please let me know. The initial script PR will be coming within the next two business days.
To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
Fedora Release Engineering Meeting Summary for 2020-03-31
by Mohan Boddu
#fedora-meeting-3: RELENG (2020-03-31)
Meeting started by mboddu at 15:01:13 UTC. The full logs are available
* init process (mboddu, 15:01:13)
* #8957 Nonpackagers can review packages (mboddu, 15:04:05)
* LINK: https://pagure.io/releng/issue/8957 (mboddu, 15:04:11)
* Alternate Arch Updates (mboddu, 15:16:48)
* #8690 Can't build module with dependency on module in RHEL - From
fedora-infrastructure (mboddu, 15:37:15)
* LINK: https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8690 (mboddu,
* mboddu will schedule a meeting with koji folks to discuss how we can
achieve this (mboddu, 15:47:24)
* Open Floor (mboddu, 15:47:28)
* Next week Tuesday Fedora F32 Final Freeze starts (mboddu, 15:47:53)
Meeting ended at 15:54:35 UTC.
Action Items, by person
People Present (lines said)
* mboddu (68)
* nirik (46)
* sharkcz (24)
* zodbot (10)
* tdawson (1)
* jednorozec (0)
* pbrobinson (0)
* dustymabe (0)
* pingou (0)
* ksinny (0)
Generated by `MeetBot`_ 0.1.4
.. _`MeetBot`: http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot
3 years, 2 months