After the update yesterday, we discovered several issues with the new
1) Upgrade of the package was not possible due to how the libphutil
replaced a dir with a symlink. In order to install, you had to
uninstall the old libphutil and reinstall arcanist
2) Arcanist didn't really work (diff and patch, at least) due to an
exception that was thrown about not being able to find a json linter.
Both of these problems can be traced back to an attempt to remove the
bundled php-jsonlint from the libphutil package. Unfortunately, the
library is not a straight bundle and has been modified to diverge from
upstream. Trying to use the packaged php-jsonlint causes problem 2.
To fix this, I've built and released a new package that uses the
bundled php-jsonlint. If you upgraded to the newer libphutil already,
you'll have to uninstall before upgrading for pretty much the same
reason that the last version had to be installed that way - rpm doesn't
like it when you swap dirs for symlinks in a transaction.
I apologize for the problems this caused - I'll be testing the next
upgrade more thoroughly so that this doesn't hit everyone again. I
think that everything is fixed now but let me know if you see any other
Show replies by date