On 21. 05. 20 19:26, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> If everything goes extremely well, I expect us to start
>> bootstrap sequence (438 srpms) in Koji side tag this week, the remaining
>> packages (2733) the next week. We expect some packages to fail (~200-300)
>> merge the side tag, so it's not open too long. We can help firefight
>> things if
>> this blocks anybody.
I'm a bit worried about the kojira issues you were seeing, but you
should now be able to do newrepos to unblock there right? I'd appreciate
it if you could gather info if you see it being slow to make newrepos
so we can get the koji folks to fix it. :)
I have the newrepo powers now, yes.
I am also gathering the wait times, so I can dump them in the issue when done.
>> There are possible followup rebuilds in play for two
>> 1) The ABI can change between beta releases of Python and all arched
>> packages (661) will need a rebuild.
>> This can happen (but doesn't have to) at:
>> - beta 2: 2020-06-08+
>> - beta 3: 2020-06-29+
> I am going to say that anything during this time frame is going to be touch
> and go. We have not gotten the new builders up yet and I do not know what
> our build capacity will be.
> When we are saying builds will be slow, I have been assuming that we are
> going to be running at 1/8th to 1/4 normal capacity. [AKA if you think
> things are slow now.. multiply by 4 or 8]. However Kevin deals with the
> builders a lot more so may have a better estimate. I would say that your
> best bet for all of these would be in COPR during that time frame to get
> timely results and then schedule rebuilds based on that.
Yeah, so the week of 2020-06-08 is going to be our migration week.
There WILL be outages of things as we move services to the new
datacenter. Do you have any more idea of _when_ in that week things
might happen? If it's early in the week, I can try and move koji later
in the week and you can hopefully be done. If it's later in the week,
you are going to be going to the new, lower capacity koji. Ideally this
would be a week to avoid any important builds if you can. ;)
2020-06-08 is the target release date of Python 3.9.0b2. From experience, the
actual release will likely happen a bit later, so not early in the week.
We can hold the update until you give us a signal.
If beta1 won't be a "rawhide is on fire" situation and beta2 actually breaks
ABI, we can run test rebuilds in copr and wait for beta3 with the actual Fedora
update. Will coordinate with you when that happens.
The week of the 29th should also as smooge notes be lower capacity.
It should churn through the builds fine, but it will take longer.
Longer is no problem. This can be done within couple hours normally (excluding
some outliers such as libreoffice and ceph), so even with lower capacity
shouldn't be a disaster.
>> - beta 4: 2020-07-20+
> I am expecting we will be back to normal capacity around this time.
Thanks for the info.