I've been trying to get Pagure into EPEL 8 for a couple of months now
so that we can upgrade our Pagure instances to RHEL 8.
Thankfully, most of Pagure's dependencies *are* now present in EPEL 8,
so there's only a few that need to be added.
The list of Pagure dependencies missing are below:
* gitolite3: limb
* python-jenkins: cottsay
* python-binaryornot: pingou
* python-celery: bowlofeggs, mrunge, pingou, ngompa
* python-flask-wtf: pingou
* python-wtforms: kumarpraveen, pjp, sundaram
* python-pygit2: pwalter
Celery is in a special position here, because it has a number of
missing dependencies, too (which is why I haven't branched and built
* python-kombu: mrunge, pingou, fab, pjp, sundaram
* python-billiard: mrunge, pingou, fab, pjp, sundaram
* python-amqp: eharney
* python-vine: mrunge
* python-case: mrunge
A note here: RHEL 8 ships libgit2 0.26.8, so we need pygit2 0.26.x.
This is already what we ship in the EPEL 7 branch, so that can just be
branched into a new epel8 branch and built.
Fortunately, I only need Python 3 variants of all these things, as
Pagure is Python 3 in Fedora and I intend to keep it that way for EPEL
8. This is also a prerequisite for dropping Python 2 support in Pagure
for 6.0, as we need all Pagure production servers to be able to move
to Python 3 first (and our servers run RHEL instead of Fedora).
Thank you all in advance!
真実はいつも一つ！/ Always, there's only one truth!