On Thursday, April 9, 2015, 12:26:37 PM, Al Dunsmuir wrote:
- You can install F21 as follows:
- Install F20 (so your Apple Bootstrap partition and /boot are set up
and contain the F20 yaboot and configuration.
I installed F20 ppc64 on a new development/build machine to verify
that the repository info fix, and ran into the silly message about the
system image not being found/valid.
This is because the yaboot.conf created by F20 Anaconda is missing the
boot device specification stanza.
After the initial F20 install completes, fix yaboot.conf as follows:
- Boot again using Eric's modified ISO
Select rescue mode
Proceed to the rescue mode command shell
- Update the yaboot.conf file
- cd /mnt/sysimage/etc
- vi yaboot.conf
- After "magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot"
insert "device=sd0" if drive 0 is boot disk
or "device=sd1" if drive 1 is boot disk
- Update yaboot setup to use the new yaboot.conf
- cd /mnt/sysimage/sbin
cp ybin /sbin
cp ofpath /sbin
cp -R yaboot /usr/lib
ybin -v -C yaboot.conf
- Exit back to rescue mode, and reboot
Sorry for the omission!
When the install ISO setup is corrected, we need to have both working
install, and rescue mode. Dual boot to OSX will come later (likely
needs grub2 experimentation and perhaps updates).