Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug report.
Summary: perl: specfile cleanup and update to 5.8.7
------- Additional Comments From jpo(a)di.uminho.pt 2005-08-13 17:35 EST -------
The first patch has already been applied (see perl-5.8.6-16.src.rpm in rawhide)
First patch summary: perl-5.8.6-15 => perl-5.8.6-16
* Specfile reformatted
- in particular grouped all the patches together
* Full URL of the perl 5.8.6 tarball
* %build section
- moved the mkdir commands that appeared before the
Configure line into the %install section
- Configure command argument changes
(make install DESTDIR=$RPM_... in %install)
* %install section
- make install DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT
- no longer creates MANIFEST.all
- dropped compression of the man pages
* %files section
- no longer uses MANIFEST.all for the perl package
- no longer uses MANIFEST.suidperl for the perl-suidperl subpackage
* Source files no longer needed
- Source1: clean-manifest.pl
- Source9: MANIFEST.suidperl
- Source10: system-owned-directories
* didn't move "make test" into the %check section
Reason: the perl building process prints a message if the "make install"
step is started without having executed "make test" before
* mark libnet.cfg as a configuration file?
maybe move it to /etc and create a symbolic link to it?
* reformat/clean the %install section
I don't have access to a x86_64 (or 64 bit) machine to test the
* mark pod files as docs
should be done at the RPM level - other perl packages (and maybe
Ruby) would also profit from it
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.