Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug.
Petr Pisar <ppisar(a)redhat.com> changed:
What |Removed |Added
--- Comment #26 from Petr Pisar <ppisar(a)redhat.com> 2011-11-16 12:08:23 EST ---
dnssec-tools-1.11-1.fc17 contains file validator/libsres/base64.c which starts
* Copyright (c) 2004 by Internet Systems Consortium, Inc. ("ISC")
* Copyright (c) 1996-1999 by Internet Software Consortium.
* Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for any
* purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the above
* copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ISC DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
* WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
* MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL ISC BE LIABLE FOR
* ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES
* WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN
* ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT
* OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
* Portions Copyright (c) 1995 by International Business Machines, Inc.
* International Business Machines, Inc. (hereinafter called IBM) grants
* permission under its copyrights to use, copy, modify, and distribute this
* Software with or without fee, provided that the above copyright notice and
* all paragraphs of this notice appear in all copies, and that the name of IBM
* not be used in connection with the marketing of any product incorporating
* the Software or modifications thereof, without specific, written prior
* To the extent it has a right to do so, IBM grants an immunity from suit
* under its patents, if any, for the use, sale or manufacture of products to
* the extent that such products are used for performing Domain Name System
* dynamic updates in TCP/IP networks by means of the Software. No immunity is
* granted for any product per se or for any other function of any product.
* THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND IBM DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES,
* INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
* PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL IBM BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL,
* DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING
* OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
* IF IBM IS APPRISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
The first part is ICS license which is O.k. for Fedora, the second is some
amendment by IBM which Fedora-suitability is not known to me.
I think these two licenses should be put into package meta-data. (Current is
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug.