Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug report.
Summary: Review Request: yum-cron - get yum updates via a cron job
------- Additional Comments From tibbs(a)math.uh.edu 2007-07-29 15:52 EST -------
OK, this is a special package, since it's just a collection of crontab files.
We actually have guidelines for how to deal with this; see
(the "We Are Upstream"
I note that you're not using the dist tag. This isn't a requirement (and for a
package like this which shouldn't need changes between distro versions it's
completely acceptable), but I want to make sure you understand how you'll need
to keep ordering consistent.
I would use "BuildArch" instead of "BuildArchitectures", but
You have no dependencies for your scriptlets. For example, if you call
/sbin/chkconfig in %post, you need Requires(post): /sbin/chkconfig. So you'll
need at least these:
Conversely, you don't need /sbin/chkconfig and /sbin/service in your Requires:
list, because they aren't actually called by the files installed as part of this
The scriptlets themselves have a few issues. I guess it's OK to append to
/dev/null, although it does look a bit odd. But you also need to redirect
STDERR (with 2>&1). Otherwise they look OK.
There's a bunch of stuff going with init scripts which frankly I don't yet
understand. I don't think the init script in this package conforms. There's
some information at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FCNewInit/Initscripts
there are still a bunch of unanswered questions and frankly I'm not going to
block this package based on what's in that document.
So there are a few minor things to fix up. Do those and apply for cvsextras
access and I'll sponsor you.
X This package is the upstream, but this is not explained in the spec.
* package meets naming and versioning guidelines.
* specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently.
* summary is OK.
* description is OK.
X dist tag is not present.
* build root is OK.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible.
* license text included in package.
* BuildRequires are proper (none)
* %clean is present.
* package builds in mock (development, x86_64).
* package installs properly
* rpmlint is silent.
X final provides and requires:
config(yum-cron) = 0.2-4
yum-cron = 0.2-4
config(yum-cron) = 0.2-4
/sbin/chkconfig and /sbin/service should not be in the runtine dependency
* %check is not present; no test suite upstream.
There's plenty of evidence of successful testing in this review ticket.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
X scriptlets are completely missing dependencies.
X scriptlets should redirect STDERR but otherwise look OK.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.