Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug report.
Summary: Review Request: perl-Event
What |Removed |Added
------- Additional Comments From tibbs(a)math.uh.edu 2006-06-14 14:57 EST -------
It's best to start Release: at one once you get into the repository.
No need to say "Event" twice in the Summary.
We usually state the license as "GPL or Artistic".
No need to BR: perl.
/usr/bin/iconv is part of glibc so it's safe to leave it out. Similarly,
ExtUtils::MakeMaker is in the base perl package. Technically you don't need any
BR:s at all for this package.
There's no real need to generate the licenses, but it doesn't hurt at all.
The package builds fine on x86_64, development. rpmlint has this to say:
W: perl-Event devel-file-in-non-devel-package
We generally accept these in Perl packages. (It's a perl-internal header and it
would be foolish to put one file with no dependencies in a -devel subpackage.)
* package meets naming and packaging guidelines.
O specfile is properly named, is cleanly written and uses macros consistently
(see summary issue above)
* dist tag is present.
* build root is correct.
* license field matches the actual license.
* license is open source-compatible. License text included in package.
* source files match upstream:
* latest version is being packaged.
O BuildRequires are proper (technically none are required).
* package builds in mock (x86_64, development).
* rpmlint has only ignorable complaints.
* final provides and requires are sane:
perl-Event = 1.06-0.fc6
perl >= 1:5.6.0
* shared libraries are present, but internal to Perl.
* package is not relocatable.
* owns the directories it creates.
* doesn't own any directories it shouldn't.
* no duplicates in %files.
* file permissions are appropriate.
* %clean is present.
* %check is present and all tests pass:
All tests successful.
Files=24, Tests=126, 13 wallclock secs ( 2.87 cusr + 0.56 csys = 3.43 CPU)
* no scriptlets present.
* code, not content.
* documentation is small, so no -docs subpackage is necessary.
* %docs are not necessary for the proper functioning of the package.
* no headers (except those internal to Perl)
* no pkgconfig files.
* no libtool .la droppings.
* not a GUI app.
APPROVED; please fix up the summary. If you wish, fix up the BR:s and the License:.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.