On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 1:34 AM John Paul Wohlschied
I just finished writing the article about how to create epub files:
take a look and give me your thought. Tried to follow the rules as best I
This is a great start. I've made a few small edits:
* Remove first-person references per our style recommendations
* Minor edits for active voice and other grammatical tweaks (e.g.
s/(you|we) need to//g)
* Be consistent in the casing of "Calibre"
* You say "Once you open your ebook file, you may notice that it has
UNTITLED above the table of contacts. I'm not sure how to remove it.
That what I mean when I said that this method was quick and dirty." If
possible, it would be good to do a little more research and see if you
can figure it out. This will help your credibility with the reader. It
looks like this might be the answer:
so, then the title should not be an H1)
* In the Calibre section, you say "Next, export your document as an
HTML file." How? Where does this file get created? You have the reader
launch Calibre, but there's no indication of where the file is edited
or how they export it. Is it in ghostwriter still?
* You may want to explain the advantages of generating an epub over
using a PDF file, particularly since PDF is generally simpler to
I'm moving the card back to "In Progress". I'm happy to discuss this
more on-list or in the IRC channel. If you have any questions or
anything is unclear, please let me know!
He / Him / His
Senior Program Manager, Fedora & CentOS Stream