On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 18:46:48 +0530
Hari Bathini <hbathini(a)linux.ibm.com> wrote:
This set tries to do a few improvements to fadump. The 1st patch
'zstd' as the default compression method for fadump. The next patch
fixes the default initrd backup/restore logic. The 3rd patch ensures
fadump initramfs is cleaned up on kernel uninstall.
v3 looks good to me. Thanks a lot for your contribution.
For the series
Reviewed-by: Philipp Rudo <prudo(a)redhat.com>
Changes in v3:
* Patch#1: Added Ack-by from Tao.
* Patch#2: Updated the patch according to Philipp's inputs.
* Patch#3: Updated the patch in accordance to changes in patch#2.
Changes in v2:
* Improve changelog on why 'zstd' is used for fadump in patch#1.
* Patch#2: A new patch to fix default initrd backup/restore logic.
* Patch#3: Cleaning up kernel version based checksum file.
Hari Bathini (3):
fadump: use 'zstd' as the default compression method
fadump: fix default initrd backup and restore logic
fadump: add a kernel install hook to clean up fadump initramfs
60-fadump.install | 31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
kdumpctl | 6 ++++--
kexec-tools.spec | 3 +++
mkfadumprd | 6 ++----
4 files changed, 40 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
create mode 100755 60-fadump.install