This patch set implements firmware-assisted dump support for kdump
svice. Firmware-assisted dump support depends on existing kdump
infrastructure (kdump scripts) present in userland to save dump
to the disk. Though existing kdump script will work seemlessly, it
still needs to modified to make it aware of presense of firmware-
assisted dump feature during service start and stop. These changes
are tested successfully on a power box with fedora19.
Changes from v6 to v7:
1. Using node added to device tree by firmware to identify if boot
is after crash instead of using "/proc/vmcore". This makes for
better error handling.
2. Declared newly introduced variables.
3. Added setup_target_initrd routine to improve readability.
Changes from v5 to v6:
1. Using common global variable TARGET_INITRD for both kdump and
2. Reworked on determine_dump_mode routine
3. Using a temporary image for rebuilding
Hari Bathini (6):
kdump: Modify status routine to check for firmware-assisted dump
kdump: Modify kdump script to start the firmware assisted dump.
kdump: Modify kdump script to stop firmware assisted dump
kdump: Rebuild default initrd for firmware assisted dump
kdump: Check whether or not to invoke capturing vmcore
kdump: Add firmware-assisted dump howto document
dracut-kdump.sh | 5 +
fadump-howto.txt | 250 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
kdumpctl | 217 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
3 files changed, 454 insertions(+), 18 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 fadump-howto.txt