Hi, folks - it's time to start bugging you all about Beta blockers! This
post will list out all the current blockers and give a quick status note
and action request (if any) for each.
We're in freeze for Beta but blockers remain unaddressed so we are not
building RCs yet. The Go/No-Go is scheduled for Thursday 2012-11-01. To
have any hope of making that we need all known blockers addressed by
Monday or Tuesday, and the new upgrade tool in decent shape.
The current blocker list can be viewed at
(thanks to Tim Flink for the awesome new blocker tracking webapp).
Action item checklist
Will - keep working on the upgrade tool. Especially focus on stuff that
needs to be prepared within the F18 frozen package set, if anything.
There is a week's wiggle time post-go/no-go to work on stuff that
doesn't need to be in the frozen set.
Anyone - provide karma for these updates:
Blocker status voters, there will be a mini blocker review during QA
meeting on Monday (15:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting). Proposed blockers can
be seen on the blocker list page.
anaconda developers, please take care of these bugs:
and possibly these proposed blockers:
KDE team / Apper devs, please take care of this bug:
Dan and Miroslav, please keep investigating this bug:
Lennart and Kay, please look into this bug:
Detailed analysis of bugs follows.
"f18a tc6 anaconda cannot connect to a protected wireless network"
This one's a bit of a mess at the moment; technically it's 'fixed' as
network connections can now be configured during installation, but
testers had various problems that make it clear the functionality is
very fragile. Radek, time is tight here: please make it clear how you'd
like the remaining issues reported, and work on fixing them. It would
also be useful to know what's going to be done about network
configuration in live images - I recall there was an idea to disable
network configuration in liveinst on the basis you should just do it
from the host desktop.
initialize a disk that has partitions"
We have a bit of a problem here; anaconda team believes this is probably
fixed but the reporter cannot check for sure because he runs into
another bug, http://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=869185
anaconda team, it would help if you could provide a patch for that bug
so we can check whether this one is resolved.
"BIOS RAID is not
shown on harddrive screen"
David Lehman has been working on this one constantly, and we have two
people able to test patches quickly, so we just need to keep working on
perform system update"
The symptoms here seem to be solidly established and KDE team is aware
of the bug, we just need them to do whatever's necessary to fix it ASAP.
at OS install time"
This one looks pretty solidly fixed by now and we just need karma on the
update so it can be pushed stable and this can be closed out.
We'll vote on all these in the meeting on Monday.
"can't use package
section in kickstart"
There's a patch for this one, so if it's accepted we should be able to
get a fix in soon. It does appear to violate the cited criterion so it's
likely to be accepted as a blocker.
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'format'"
This is a fairly easily reproducible crasher in custom partitioning.
We're still twiddling with the partitioning criteria so it's not
entirely clear if it will be accepted as a blocker, but it would be good
if anaconda team could look at a fix in case.
require hfsplus-tools to ensure generated images are Mac bootable"
This seems a reasonably clear blocker as it prevents our live images
being bootable on a target platform (Intel Macs). A fix is available and
"Error in PREIN
scriptlet in rpm package libvirt-daemon-0.9.11.4-3.fc17.x86_64"
This is a very long-standing bug which may possibly affect upgrades even
with the new tool, which is why it's been proposed as a blocker forever.
We can't really decide if it's a blocker till we know for sure if the
new tool is affected by it. The selinux folks have been looking into it
for a while, we just need them to continue to do so.
"No output to
journal after double-switch-root"
If I'm understanding this correctly, it's preventing the new upgrade
tool from logging its process during the 'second stage' (when it
actually performs the upgrade operation in a dracut environment). In
determining blocker status on this it would be very useful to know from
Will or Tim whether we actually need to fix this within the frozen F18
package set or not.
Thanks for reading and helping out with getting these issues cleared up,
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora