As suggested by Rex Dieter, I'm sharing my notes about the patches for Plasma
Active 1.0  and whether they can be possibly be included in the KDE
Patch for kde-runtime:
- basically removes ActivityManager. Unfortunately it also lumps together some
(binary) changes to the docs and localization changes to .desktop files.
- We already have this change in Fedora so this can safely disregard this
Patches for kde-workspace:
Patches already in KDE git master (for 4.8 release). These can probably be
- single patch that combines Revision 94b134f9, Revision 098b163b, and
Revision f5162387 in master
- Revision 566052f05846735777a091cf791639428597b40e
Patches in KDE git but in specific branches.
- adds a QML-based KSplash engine. It's in the Active/1.0 branch, Revision
- From a cursory reading, it looks safe to add in.
- from plasma/mart/wac-appletscript branch only, Revision
- seems to be ok, but not really overly important I guess. Can be skipped.
- also from Active/1.0 branch, Revision
94e2aeae6d757d029f4900f5150feb8a9ac5473b. Unfortunately, this is still being
discussed and is a bit problematic. It might be safe to skip this for now.
Other patches, not in KDE git.
- not really sure what this does. Haven't gotten a reply yet from the #active
channel on IRC.
- disables building of the PCI Module in KInfoCenter and kcm_keys KControl
module respectively. I'm still not sure why it's done for Plasma Active, but
definitely doesn't make sense for a regular desktop. Seems safe to skip.
Hope that helps a bit. :)
Juan Carlos Torres