Rex Dieter wrote:
Are there other issues, or are you basing this judgement on your
I was overreacting a bit, but it does seem to cause quite a few problems
* KWin often crashes when the desktop is unlocked with desktop effects
enabled. This is new to KDE 4.2 vs 4.1.
* The shortcut keys often don't work in applications, e.g. Ctrl+S in Kate,
see message I posted earlier. I've only seen this in KDE 4.2. This is really
annoying when it happens.
* Changing the default theme from black to blue-green and making it hard to
change the theme.
* Random X crashes when using desktop effects, when KDE 4.1 was largely
okay, though I could be blaming it unfairly on KDE - maybe it's an nvidia
* I also had some problems with Jack not being available to Phonon on
updating - there were annoying error messages saying it wasn't available. I
had to change the priority of Phonon devices. Maybe this was because I was
running the beta at that time.
* There's also an interesting new bug where if you have focus follows mouse
switched on and a window at the bottom left of the screen, it keeps stealing
the focus from the kicker menu and making it disappear.