On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 6:22 PM Troy Dawson <tdawson(a)redhat.com> wrote:
An updated qt5 in CentOS Stream 8 allowed us to update KDE Plasma Desktop.
I believe everything is in place and ready for use and/or testing.
This is for CentOS Stream 8 only, at this time.
===How to Install 
= Install epel-release
dnf install https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/epel-release-latest-8.noarch.rpm
= Enable PowerTools
dnf config-manager --enable powertools
= Install KDE
dnf group install kde-desktop-environment
dnf group install kde-desktop
(Optional) dnf group install kde-apps
(Optional) dnf group install kde-media
(Optional) dnf group install kde-education
(Optional) dnf install okular
(Optional) dnf group install kde-software-development
(Optional) dnf group install kf5-software-development
=== KNOWN PACKAGE ISSUES
== UNINSTALLABLE PACKAGES
* kaccounts-providers - no signon-ui
* kigo - no gnugo
* lokalize - no translate-toolkit , needs rebuilding on python3
== UNBUILT PACKAGES
* polkit-qt5 - need branch and build of polkit-qt-1
* kde-gtk-config - needs sassc
* digikam - can't find opencv despite it being installed
== UN-UPDATED PACKAGES (but still install and run)
* kpmcore - would need a newer util-linux than available in RHEL 8
* kde-partitionmanager - would need a newer kpmcore
The KPMCore libblkid bump to 2.33.2 comes from an issue with
resizing logical partitions that was fixed in 2.33.2.
It may be worth asking if this fix can be backported so that we can
relax the dependency and update kde-partitionmanager.
真実はいつも一つ！/ Always, there's only one truth!