On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 09:12 -0400, Martin Sivak wrote:
our plan is to keep firstboot alive for OEM and possibly Live CD reasons. In the standard
install scenario we will show the firstboot screens during package extraction and probably
mark them as done. Firstboot will then show only the screens which weren't configured
(if there are any).
Regarding the specific screens:
- Anaconda will have to keep setting the time and timezone to prevent bugs like
- We also plan on creating the user (root or wheel group member) during the package
sorry for taking long to answer; a few questions to help further
- Can we add an option to firstboot that lets us embed it into another
window (via xembed) ? That would really help us in maintaining support
for third-party firstboot screens with only a small compromise on the
initial-setup user experience. I think Jasper has been trying to get an
answer on this; he can probably provide a patch if needed.
- You mention firstboot will skip screens that have been 'marked as
done'. How is that going to be communicated from anaconda to firstboot ?
We may want to use this information in initial-setup as well.
- You say anaconda will create a user, but then you mention root, so
this is not entirely clear. Do you plan to have a fully-featured account
creation screen in anaconda, including network accounts ? I assume this
is going to be optional as well ?