On Thu, 23 Jun 2016 16:08:17 +0200
Aurelien Bompard <aurelien(a)bompard.org> wrote:
Next week I'll be going offline for 3 weeks (two of them being really
off the grid, I'm going to the European equivalent of the Burning Man
festival...), so I'd like to check with you what errors I've seen our
production Mailman3 instance do these last weeks.
I think that the main issue I haven't fixed yet is the fact that
sometimes, for an unknown reason (yet), the archiving process dies,
and email isn't archived anymore.
Yeah, we can watch for this.
The other problems that I've been pinged about recently are
specific, it's either configuration problems or bugs that I've fixed
now. When it's about emails being rejected, it's usually a good idea
to start looking at the list's header filters (in Postorius).
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I'm leaving for the
desert on June 30th, I'll start being mildly reacheable on July 13th,
and will be back on Monday 18th.
ok. Have safe travels. ;)
Oh, while I am looking at them... how about I go over the outstanding
mailman3 bugs in trac we have?
"Enable syndication of fedora mailing lists"
* This is an old ticket and we had some hacky perl script to try and do
rss feeds with lists. Does HK support rss? Is this a feature we can
ask for upstream?
"where is list administration interface"
* perl-devel is not notifying on held messages. I am also seeing this
with the 'websites' list. Should we move this to an upstream bug?
"Mailman 3 mbox archives have invalid Date: value"
* This says a fix was commited. Is it live now? If so, we can close?
"New subscription notifications from fedora-join mailing list come from
* admin emails from root@localhost. ;( There's a dupe of this I just
noticed below. ;) Closing the dupe, but should we file an upstream
bug? or is this a config problem locally?
"Mailman 3 does accept confirmation message for discarding a moderated
* This has a upstream bug: https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/169
So I closed it. ;)
"main translation page isntt available when searching on
* Not sure what to do here. Perhaps we could ask Mo or Ryan to weigh in
and see if there's some better way to do the UI for it? Or just close
it with a cannot fix for now?
"firewalld-devel list archives not working properly"
* Not sure whats going on here. Any news on your investigations?
"Request: run MetricsGrimoire mlstats against all
mailing lists monthly; provide access to database"
* Not sure where we are with this one. Does Mattdm have access to do
the stats? Should we set them up to run automagically?
"querying the list of all the aliases that a given FAS id is on"
* Not sure how to handle this one either. It's an old one and would
require querying lots of places. It's not really mailing list related
"mailman moderation mails From:"
* Closed duplicate.
"Subscribe a mailing list to an RSS feed"
* This is more a wordpress thing than mailing list.
"Fedora-centric favicon for hyperkitty"
* I think this is waiting for Mattdm to chime in.
Those are all the mailing list ones. ;)