On Mon, Jan 06, 2020 at 11:44:57AM -0500, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> We are looking to turn off the boot.fedoraproject.org
> were a technology which worked about a decade ago but the upstream we
> are using is dead and the current version we have deployed has been
> 'broken' for a good many people for over 2 years due to TLS changes
> and such.
> A tracking ticket was opened up
a while ago, and
> the reporter pointed out that https://netboot.xyz
does have a working
> version. However, we in infrastructure do not have any time to work on
> this in any time in the near future. Instead we would like to
> deprecate the service and drop it as something we are listing we do.
* plan to retire/remove service 2020-01-31
* announce now to announce/devel-announce about it going away
* do some blog posts
* send reminder emails on the 24th that it goes away in 1 week
* remove on 31st:
* content in fedora-infra git repo
* fedora-websites content about it
* remove from ansible
* remove from dns
* remove from secondary01 dir and people02
* any docs? wiki pages?
How does that sound?