Hi infra team-
We have a handful of pull requests open on our github repo for which
I'd like to ask for help in reviewing:
1) fedbadges 4d PR#22 - Allow lambda expressions in the dat ..
2) tahrir-api 4d PR#19 - Feature/ranking .. http://bit.ly/1dhjI0G
3) fedbadges 3d PR#23 - Publish a fedmsg message when a use ..
4) tahrir 3d PR#199 - Feature/publish message on rank cha ..
5) fedmsg 2d PR#173 - Feature/idempotent .. http://bit.ly/1643CQX
Number 1 is an independent change and is an enhancement to the badges
awarder that will make it so we can perform much more flexible
datanommer queries. (It makes it so we can do flexible operations in
python after making the actual datanommer query but before we
conclude that a badge should or should not be awarded).
Number 2 is a requirement for numbers 3 and 4. It does a number of things:
- it pulls the leaderboard calculation code from tahrir (the web
frontend) into tahrir-api (the underlying lib used by both the
badges awarder backend and the web frontend)
- it caches users' rank in the database which should improve
performance on the webapp significantly.
- it adds a new `notification_callback` which we'll use to publish
fedmsg messages about users' rank changing. We want to award
badges based on this kind of stuff, so its a nice bonus.
Number 3 simply makes use of Number 2. It removes the old hardcoded
fedmsg stuff from the backend badges awarder.
Number 4 simply makes use of Number 2. It removes the old leaderboard
code and the old hardcoded fedmsg stuff from the badges web frontend.
Number 5 is an independent change that will ultimately fix a bug in
the datagrepper web api.
Any help providing review would be much appreciated.