So we're less than a week away from F7, so why not completely change the
way updates are pushed? :)
We're going to use mash to compose our updates repo instead of managing
it by hand. This removes the burden of multilib, repo-cleaning, and
dep closure checking from bodhi.
This means that we need to change the push process to be something like:
- Move all submitted builds from
dist-f7-updates-candidate to dist-f7-updates-testing in Koji
- Run mash
- Add/remove appropriate updates from updateinfo.xml and insert it
into all of the repodata
- Sync out to wallace, which will sync to the mirrors
In theory, this should do the trick.
The roadmap to 1.0 should be fairly accurate now. So what we have
left, aside from the new push process mentioned above, is:
- ACLs. We need to make sure that all updates are submitted by the
- Package signing stuff. Jesse pointed me to the sign_unsigned tool
that we could potentially integrate with to help do this.
I won't be able to start hacking on this until monday, as I am graduating
tomorrow and then moving on Sunday, so any help would be appreciated :)