A new release of MirrorManager2 is available: 0.9.0
- crawler: Correctly calculate the remaining time
- repomap: more modular repository detection logic
- crawler: correctly handle keep-alive for HTTPS
- crawler: only update directories of the current category
- python3 compatibility
- rpmmd: switch from yum.repoMDObject pyrpmmd
- Migrate to new geoip API
- Use InputRequired() instead of Required()
- Enable MirrorManager2 to be built using Python 3 for Fedora
- Fix tests with python3
- Toggle private
This release includes a few smaller fixes which are already running on
Fedora's production systems and it also includes the switch to GeoIP2.
Especially the switch to GeoIP2 means that it requires additional
changes to Fedora's MirrorManager2 instance to make sure the new GeoIP2
databases are available on the relevant systems.
I will look into updating Fedora's staging MirrorManager2 instance in
the next days.
Thanks to Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek and Neal Gompa for porting
MirrorManager2 to Python3. From now on the Fedora packages will be using
Python3. The EPEL7 packages which are used in Fedora's MirrorManager2
instance will still be Python2.
Tests are all green with Python3, but as far as I know there is no
MirrorManager2 instance running on Python3... yet.