New Year, same CPE weekly(ish) :)
If you would like to see this report and toggle to the section you are
most interested in, I would suggest visiting this link
and use the header bar
on your left to skip to where you want to go!
## General Project Updates
We are kicking off Q1 this year with some familiar project faces,
namely Noggin, the replacement of the current FAS system and
continuing our development of CentOS Stream.
Most of our initiatives live here
and you can use the new
issue button to submit your own proposal.
Our updated initative timetable can be viewed here for 2021
so you know when
I need it in by to review it.
We also have updated our docs section on the initiative process we
follow as we cannot accept everything so please do check it out if you
want to understand our process more
Being very honest, I've found myself a little bit strapped for time to
give this project its due diligence over the last few months, but
please bear with us/me and expect a more concentrated effort on this
coming into Q2 (April, May, June) of this year. I apologise for the
time a resolution is taking and I really do appreciate all of your
## Project Updates
*The below updates are pulled directly from our CPE team call we have
* OSBS is building for aarm64 & x86_64 in production since December!
* All of the projects under the fedora-infra and releng namespaces on
pagure have had their default branch migrated from “master” to “main”.
* F34 mass rebuild due to start next week
* New sprint started focusing on testing correct access has been given
* Last remaining apps being configured & tested with fasjson API
* Work will be tracked here https://github.com/fedora-infra/aaa-tracker/issues/4
* Our open issues board can be found here
### Fedora Messaging Schemas
* We are working through supybot and greenwave applications currently
* There is a list of applications that require messaging schemas can
be found here https://hackmd.io/@nilsph/H1i8CAbkP/edit
* There is a readme which contains documentation on messaging schemas,
a cookie-cutter template to create the schema and a definition of Done
for writing a schemas
* The board they are working from can be viewed here
## CentOS Updates
* Community newsletter can be read here
### CentOS Stream
* Continuing to work on Stream 8 pushes and builds
* Investigating how to automate some module pushes
* Reviewing documentation that is available on Stream currently to
identify gaps and where needs improvement
## Team Info
The Community Platform Engineering group, or CPE for short, is the Red
Hat team combining IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS.
Our goal is to keep core servers and services running and maintained,
build releases, and other strategic tasks that need more dedicated
time than volunteers can give.
See our wiki page here for more
As always, feedback is welcome, and we will continue to look at ways
to improve the delivery and readability of this weekly report.
Have a great weekend!
Community Platform Engineering Team
Red Hat EMEA