On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 18:39 -0600, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
Ok I think I have it Fedora Community working again on appXX.stg and
app01 [tested.] It looks like the version that is working on bapp01
requires various versions of applications not available in EPEL
anymore so I had to grab a bunch of old stuff out of koji, and hope
that what other differences occured were minor (there are some things
What I had to do:
Get bunch of stuff out of koji where possible
sudo yum remove TurboGears2 python-babel python-repoze-what
python-tw-jquery python-webhelpers moksha fedoracommunity
sudo yum --nogpgcheck --disablerepo=epel-test localinstall
sudo yum install moksha-0.4.3-1.el5.fedora.infra.noarch
Tada it now loads on app servers and does not give the errors it was
about various bad apps.
1) yum downgrade is nice in principle but not univerally good.
2) having epel-test on production servers may not be the best idea always
3) actually having direct epel/etc mirrors may be bad for web
applications since they can be darn parsnickety about the exact
version they need to work and when.
4) EPEL packages get updated all the time in wild ways. Only people
who ask for permission seem to get told not to update.
Thanks for taking care of this, Stephen.
Downgrading fedoracommunity actually broke a bunch of widgets, but
after I updated it again, things seem to be back up and running.
With regard to TurboGears2.1 API changes, Moksha uses TG's internal
DottedTemplateLookup class to setup it's custom Mako template renderer.
Multiple times during the 2.1alpha-beta cycle the location of this class
changed or got renamed. Upstream could have probably made this
transition easier. Ideally, Moksha shouldn't even have to use this
class, but regardless, I made Moksha work across all versions of TG2.
As for fedoracommunity+TG2.1, we're seeing a problem with the way Moksha
handles dynamic & static linking, and it's causing weird bugs where
clicking various tabs take you back to the main page. J5 recently
refactored some of the Moksha tabbed container code to get it working
with the latest jQuery UI widget API, so it's probably a bug in there.
Debugging is underway.