On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin(a)scrye.com> wrote:
I've been toying with the idea of a Fedora Infrastructure FAD (Fedora
Activity Day) around getting our security tasks further along/mapped
out, or just done. We can do all these things remotely, but sitting
down with less distractions and getting things done or deciding on
roadmaps may work faster/better in person.
More information on FAD's:
Some possible Goals:
* Put in place our 2 factor authentication solution.
- Enable globally for sudo.
- Come up with plan/roadmap for applications 2 factor
- enable more 2nd factors if we only have one working.
(yubikey, google authenticator, others?)
* Revamp firewall rules to further restrict traffic between machines.
* Come up with a better plan for signing servers
- In puppet or out of puppet?
- On demand vs always on
- ssh access, console, 2factor?
* Hash out a roadmap or plans around git commit signing.
- See if this is something we want to do
* Work on FAS security enhancements
- backup email address?
- security questions?
- better gpg integration?
- handling for 2 factor auth
* Setup a simple IDS of some kind?
- Notice non standard traffic in our internal nets
* Finish up keys.fedoraproject.org
and announce it.
* Clean up selinux AVCs and move more things to enforcing.
* Your brilliant Fedora Infrastructure security related idea here.
last week of Aug, First week of Sept?
(This puts us between the Alpha and Beta freezes, and is possibly
enough notice to get better airfair/etc rates).
somewhere in 2012-08-27 to 2012-09-10
First 2 weeks in Nov?
(After F18 is released, before thanksgiving)
somewhere in 2012-11-05 to 2012-11-16
Right before next Fudcon?
2013-01-15 to 2013-01-17?
Your exciting better dates here.
Red Hat HQ in RDU?
pros: can probably get a room/network and pull in other RH folks
pros: could probably get a room/network and pull in other RH
Other location here:
must be cheap to fly to/stay at, and have a facility we could
meet at and use.
So, this is more a 'is there enough interest in this to peruse it' type
How many folks would be interested in going to something like this?
What dates or places would you prefer?
Is there another topic that would be a better thing to do than
Security? I can think of several more topics if we would prefer
something else (Fixing our application logging could be it's own FAD by
infrastructure mailing list
I would absolutely love to come to something like this. Due to
finances, and not having to buy a plane ticket, RDU would be best for
me (I could drive...I'm about a 3.5hr drive away), and I'm almost sure
I could swing it, especially if I could split a room w/ someone. Dates
aren't as big of a deal for me. How many days of the week would it
involve? I'd have to make sure I have extra vacation time at work to