On 02/11/2015 11:06 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice' group
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going for
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help us
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
A little, should look closer
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
I'd need to learn a lot more Python to be more useful there, so let's
stick with administration
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
you do any of the above?
The apprentice wiki needs to be updated with an Ansible workflow instead
of just a Puppet workflow
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
Like entering most environments, finding the right documentation and
wrapping your head around the environment
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
helpful or interesting?
Yes, for the most part. It is good to help starting to get a feel for
8. Whats your favorite work of art?
Does anyone answer this? Favorite is hard to pick, so lets mention I
like a number of works by Edvard Munch
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from the
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!
infrastructure mailing list