Hello world! :-)
A quick intro following the checklist on the wiki:
- My IRC handle: vbird.
- Skills I have: Linux sysadmin for roughly 15 years (including 13+
in a professional capacity); PHP developer in my early years; system
scripting (mostly bash and Perl); VoIP / SIP with Asterisk (at a time
it still looked like a revolution!); virtualisation (but mostly
proprietary products); dozens of irrelevant technos that--if
mentioned--would probably make some of us suddenly feel older; Indian
food cooking (says my wife...)
- Skills I'd like to learn (or improve): Python (a bit rusty), Ruby,
Ansible, Docker & OpenShift, KVM, OpenStack, anything else that could
be fun playing with.
- Associations I have: not a lot anymore (I was more active when I
was younger). Self-employed with customers mostly in the financial
- Location & timezone: Luxembourg, CET/UTC+1 (or CEST/UTC+2 in the summer.)
- What to work on: first things first, joining the fi-apprentice
group to have a look at how things work here.
Yoann E. A. Le Bihan