Ho Ho Ho. Happy holidays to everyone!
You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice' group
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going for
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help us
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the
I was looking the issue with "anitya and the-new-hotness" and I'm
interested in working on it. Have figured out what they're doing.
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would
you do any of the above?
Not for now.
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find
helpful or interesting?
Sadly no. The time conflicted with my classes.
8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to
meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
9. If you were stranded in a snowed in cabin in the woods, and could
only have one book or movie or game, what would it be?
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Note that we recently revamped the getting started and other pages.
Please do take a minute to re-read them and let me know if they are
more clear or need further adjustments.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from the
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!
Yisu / Shawn