On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 01:18:27PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:51:39 +0100
Pierre-Yves Chibon <pingou(a)pingoured.fr> wrote:
> With the work recently done on fedora-review , I started to wonder
> if it would be interesting to work on an app dedicated to review RPM
> package for Fedora.
> I got myself day dreaming about:
So, the advantages would be:
- Could run the review tool on the package whenever it updated.
- git history could be kept.
- Could possibly require some level of completness before filing the
- We could have tighter integration with pkgdb/pkgs.fedoraproject.org/koji
(for instance, automating the creation of package branches when a review
is marked approved).
Disadvantages would be:
- Another service/code we need to maintain.
- Possibly having to deal with junk uploads unless we filter things
Documentation updates and workflow changes (Not so much a disadvantage as
one-time work to perform).
I know having a dedicated web app for this sort of thing was discussed when
Fedora Extras was new. I think that it was just not implemented because we
didn't have time and bugzilla worked well enough to get us what we