On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 05:12:58PM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Ho Ho Ho. Happy holidays to everyone!
You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice' group
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going for
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help us
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
yes to both :)
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or
basic linux/ansible playbooks atm
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the
Yes, will try to close one soon
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would
you do any of the above?
not at the moment
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
finding time (without being distracted by upstream bugs... I end up
fixing more upstream stuff than Fedora stuff :/)
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find
helpful or interesting?
8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to
meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
Looked via git
9. If you were stranded in a snowed in cabin in the woods, and could
only have one book or movie or game, what would it be?
Some book on programming. Probably around Python or C (I'd like to
improve my skills on both those languages).
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Note that we recently revamped the getting started and other pages.
Please do take a minute to re-read them and let me know if they are
more clear or need further adjustments.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from the
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!
infrastructure mailing list -- infrastructure(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe send an email to infrastructure-leave(a)lists.fedoraproject.org
Fabio Alessandro Locati
Red Hat - Senior Consultant
PGP Fingerprint: E815 3C49 2A8D FD8B 1CBD BC85 FDB3 DF20 B2DC 9C1B