Things I'd like but probably can't work on myself:
* GeoIP/DNS based proxying. I'm in Europe and request
I get the European app server. I'm in the US I
get PHX or tummy.
- This might make it possible for us to have app servers around the
world. We'd still have latency from database calls having to get
replies from PHX but for calls between apps all requests would stay in
the same colo.
Things I'll have a hand in:
* New python-fedora API with exception-like error handling client-side
and more standardization server-side.
- Porting all our web apps to the new architecture.
* Optimize db calls within TG applications to make them as snappy as
possible. I can do this for SQLAlchemy but SQLObject isn't flexible
enough. Any page which is for viewing data and is returning multiple
records is potentially a good candidate.
* OpenID auth provider for our TG apps (if it's faster/better than our
current jsonfas provider). We don't gain any features from an OpenID
provider unless we want to allow other OpenID servers to authenticate
* pkgdb: I'm going to concentrate on refactoring existing pkgdb code.
I'm hoping mapleoin will keep up the good work he's been doing adding
* New koji db server.
* Moving TG apps from supervisor to mod_wsgi