On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 11:49 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:36:05 +0800
He Rui <rhe(a)redhat.com> wrote:
> I haven't received any update on this project since the ticket filed,
> is it under progressing or is there anything we need help with? We
> planed to set it up this month or next, so please keep an eye on it.
I could probably help you guys out with this. ;)
I guess the first step is to make sure to get the package into EPEL
(which it looks like it's already under review).
After thats done, we could look at testing it on a publictest instance.
I'll add this information to the ticket as well, but do ping me when we
are ready to do more planning. ;)
Packaging of nitrate is progressing. Libraries bundled within nitrate
have been identified and submitted as separate package reviews. While
the process isn't complete, I'm curious if we can pipeline a bit. Is it
possible to setup a publictest instance while packaging progresses? The
intent for this instance wouldn't be for production use ... more to
allow us to explore use cases for Fedora and to identify any other
While I still think we should wait until all packaging work is completed
before officially deploying and supporting an instance, I'm hoping to
avoid waiting for packaging work to complete, deploying a test instace,
then discovering some other use-case (or upstream functionality)
Any thoughts/concerns with this idea?