On Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:11:41 -0500
seth vidal <skvidal(a)fedoraproject.org> wrote:
Summary from the meeting:
Today in the infrastructure meeting we started talking about how to
move the new packages and tagger apps into production and where we
want them to live in the layout of urls.
1. simple for users and remember
2. not overlapping with any of the older apps or existing urls
3. futureproofing for new apps or different interfaces
4. expanding the number of apps we have w/o having them grouped under
a single project (like community was).
Non-Goals of this setup:
- no interest in preserving the old admin.fp.o/community urls
- no interest in pinning anything/everything behind admin.fp.o
some concerns about this are it is a bit confusing with
A couple of ideas there are:
1. make the new packages app be the frontpage for pkgs.fp.o - since
gitweb is.... not performant there.
2. move pkgs.fp.o to git.fp.o or to fedpkg.fp.o and let the new app
take over the other urls.
These are just some suggestions we discussed in the meeting.
Please submit more ideas.
The above is a summary - here is an idea from me:
Then we can have an app landing page at app.fedoraproject.org
describe what facilities we have but provide for direct links to apps
using a shorter convention.
it also lets us collect apps under fedora w/o necessarily having them
all be a single system.
it's relatively future proof, too.