Good Morning Everyone,
I figured it has been a while since I reported progress on making pagure a
front-end for dist-git.
So here is a small status update.
- Well currently pagure is working as a front-end for dist-git in stg:
- Hosting repos, browsing them, creating PR works all fine (w/ one , see
- Features we want to exclude have been turned off (no user management on the
What does not work:
- Syncing the ACLs from pkgdb to gitolite takes ~3 minutes in prod, in stg, the
updated script in stg (which sync the ACLs from pkgdb to gitolite and pagure)
runs in ~30/35 minutes (if it doesn't crash, which my last run just did)
This is a blocker since it means it takes 30 to 35 minutes for someone to get
access to their git repo or (worse) their fork
- This pagure instance has the same issue as the main one, including a heisenbug
we're trying to track but have had no luck reproducing so far :(
What needs to be done:
- Fix the sync script
- Make it *way* faster than it is
- Make it creates the project on pagure using the releng user rather than
relying on the first contributor it finds in the list of maintainers
- Make fedmsg-genacls be triggered on pagure's fork fedmsg message so that we
re-generate the gitolite configuration file when someone forks a project
(and thus give them access to their fork)
- Once above is done: call for more testers
In the future:
- I think we will want to deprecate pkgdb entirely, so while the work above is
important, ideally it won't be there for too long.
- With pkgdb out of the loop, we'll need to figure some things out:
- Where/How to store the contact info for bugzilla
- Not sure relying on pagure's ACLs there is the way to go since we would
loose a level of granularity in the ACLs that I know people like and ask
for (having commit w/o being on the CC list in bugzilla or being on the CC
list w/o being a packager)
- How/when to require people be part of the packager group in FAS?
- Since one of the idea of pagure is to make it easier for "drive-by"
contribution to spec files, requiring to be a packager should only be
there for maintainers, but pagure doesn't have this level of
information/requirement, so we would need to find something or some place
to add this requirement or see if that requirement still stands
This is all I can think of for now, I'll update this thread if I come up with
Have a nice day,