This is a request for comments on deploying the coreos-koji-tagger service in Fedora OpenShift.
The details for the request and what the service are in in the RFR ticket . If it's sufficient
to have the conversation there, I'd prefer that.
Since I am out on PTO all next week, I thought I would share a status of
where we are with koji so others could continue the work in my absense.
We have a number of things that need updates on koji builders.
* mock 1.4.15+ is needed for dynamic buildrequires
* createrepo_c 0.14.1-2+ is needed for epel8/fedora non modular builds
* koji build with backported patches for:
** seperate srpm repos with buildroot source repos
** bare mode repo merging needed for epel8/fedora buildroot
** dynamic buildrequires (along with newer mock)
* oz and imagefactory have gone python3 in f31/rawhide, and oz isn't
installable in f30 anymore.
So, I have built a koji in rawhide with all the patches we need.
I have then built in f29/f30-infra tags all the stuff we need:
koji with patches
A sticking point for updating has been that our armv7 builders are stuck
on f27 due to a kernel (or perhaps userspace?) bug that causes then to
pause when doing kernel/glibc/other builds. pbrobinson and pwhalen are
trying to isolate this and fix it, but until then it looks like we can
move them to fedora 29 + a specific older kernel. I have setup a
kickstart that installs this kernel and set ansible to disallow
dnf-automatic updating the kernel on them.
I've been testing with buildvm-armv7-22 in prod, and
buildvm-armv7-01.stg in staging, and so far they have survived several
I have updated all of staging with the above packages.
What still needs doing next week:
* reinstall all the prod armv7 builders with the f29 kickstart and
confirm they don't blow up.
* promote createrepo_c, koji, oz, imagefactory builds from f29-infra-stg
to f29-infra, and epel7-infra-stg to epel7-infra
* update koji hubs and all builders to above packages.
* watch for problems with oz/imagefactory/createrepo_c/koji and fix or
After I get back we can look at moving to f30, but for now f29 should
work. Hopefully by then we will have figured out the armv7 issue and be
able to move them to the latest kernel.
I might have time later tonight/tomorrow to work further on this, but
not sure I will. If so, I'll update this thread. If not, it will have to
wait until I get back from vacation, or someone else will need to move
it forward next week.