You are getting this email because you are in the 'fi-apprentice' group
in the fedora account system (or are reading this on the
Feel free to reply just directly to me, or cc the infrastructure list
for everyone to see and comment on.
At the first of every month(or so), I am going to be sending out an
email like this one. I would like feedback on how things are going for
I'd like to ask for everyone to send me a quick reply with the
following data or anything related you can think of that might help us
make the apprentice program more useful.
0. Whats your fedora account system login?
1. Have you logged in and used your fi-apprentice membership to look at
our machines/setup in the last month? Do you plan to?
2. Has it helped you decide any area you wish to focus on or contribute
3. Have you looked at or been able to work on any of the fi-apprentice
4. Do you still wish to be a member of the group? If not (for whatever
reason) could you provide any hints to help others down the road?
5. Is there any help or communication or ideas you have that would help
you do any of the above?
6. What do you find to be the hardest part of getting involved?
Finding things to work on? Getting attention from others to help you?
Finding tickets in your interest area?
7. Have you been able to make any weekly irc meetings? Do you find them
helpful or interesting?
8. Have you logged into our Gobby instance and read/seen/added to our
meeting agenda? https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Gobby
9. What was the last song you listened to? (Live or recorded)
Any other general feedback is also quite welcome, including
improvements to this email, the wiki page, etc.
Any folks I do not hear from in the next week will be removed from the
group. (Note that it's easy to be readded when you have time or
whatever and it's nothing at all personal, we just want to keep the
group up to date with active folks).
Thanks, and looking forward to your feedback!
my name is Luigi Sainini aka lousab and i come from Italy (Genoa).
- my IRC nick is lousab
- my skills are:
basic bash/python scripting
read many language and their relative logs
network, nagios, virtualization, database, kickstart, install and
i'm a local LUG's member and i'm starting a new project with friends for
introducing gnu/linux in schools
- i'm joining this group because i'd like to learn, give, contribute
about skills actually i have and learn new technologies. I'm actually
observing how the group works and understanding the infrastructure
services. I'm quite new in Fedora because i'm using it from six month
and before i've used always Debian (from 2008)
- i'd like to start working around kickstart, ansible, nagios growing
step by step towards new technologies
Actually i'd like t start giving 4 hours at week hoping to increase my time.
1. Your IRC handle : gkadam
2. Skills you have : Basic knowledge about - Linux Administration,Nagios-Core, Python and Bash Scripting
3. Skills you want to learn : System Administration skills,Networking,Configuration Management with Ansible, Programming
4. What you wanna learn, any initial questions you have : I want to learn System Administration skills and also would like to document systems in fedora infra if required. I would like to learn how fedora-infra works internally.What else do i need to contribute in #fedora-infra?