As some of you might have already noticed, Linux For You Jan issue
carries a Fedora 10 DVD and a number of articles about Fedora or related
to it. About six of them in fact.
* Article on Fedora 10 review and upgrade
* Fedora India community - Sankarshan
* Fedora L10N - Runa
* PackageKit - Me
* Fedora 10 Virtualization
* Playing DVD (using Fedora 10?)
Next month, the plan is:
* PulseAudio - me (still working on it)
* Fedora Electronics Lab - Aanjhan (status?)
I am really elated to let you know that we have successfully automated
the Fedora Freemedia handling process.
So far the freemedia request handling has been manual.
A form was filled, a mail sent to the mailing list, postal addresses
copied from the mail and updated to the wiki. This was pretty complex,
and time consuming too.
Now the process will be as easy as this:
1. Now the requester will come here. Fill in the data, and will
continue to the next page.
2. On continuing the trac ticket will be already filled with the data,
all the requester will have to do is to click the "Submit Ticket"
3. A ticket will be filed here.
4. The freemedia contributor will accept the ticket he/she is willing to ship.
5. When shipped, he/she will close the ticket.
If you have any comment/suggession, please let me know.
Also PLEASE play around with the system, file tickets, close tickets,
and do whatever you want and let me know any bugs that you may have
Lastly, thanks to all, who helped doing this possible.
Thanks and awaiting bug reports..
Here is a description of Fedora related events in the month of January
February 2009 at NIT Durgapur:
1. A talk on contributing to Fedora (not using) sometime in the 3rd week
of January int the evening, probably by Arindam+Subhodip with Help-A-Project
(http://mukti09.in/?page_id=237) in mind. Yet to set this up.
2. "A day with Fedora" on 6th February during Mukti, from 4 pm to 8 pm.
Can we change it "An evening with Fedora", sounds more romantic ;). Yet to
receive the specifics of the event from Fedora ambassadors and Kushal.
3. Fedora stall on 6 7 8 February, along side our install-mania stall
where we shall install any GNU/Linux distro the user wants, not just fedora.
All Fedora requests may be fulfilled by the Fedora stall, and from what i
saw at Science City Kolkata, people may end up installing only Fedora!
4. Around 250 Fedora 10 DVDs will be distributed along with registration
Thats all. feedback?
GLUG NIT Durgapur
BE INTELLIGENT, USE GNU/LINUX
I'm really very glad to hear from you guys.
Well we dont have a very active community here but it certainly is
growing and the awareness is increasing rapidly. We are planning a
install fest and some seminars at my college ( SKIT Jaipur , 3rd yr CS
) this February and there are some experienced developers and
enthusiasts in jaipur who have promised to help, so if that event
works out, then you can certainly come here and we can then plan
something for you guys too.
And regarding getting the knowledge, i'd say community is there to
help you, you can try IRC, other than mailing lists, and above all i'd
say, it's lot of reading to be done in linux. So my friend, google is
your pal and read as much as you can. or else we are all here :)
For further getting in touch with people around here, you can always
find us at the IRC channel #lugjaipur at Freenode. But since i've
exams till 29th jan , so i'll be there after that.
keep in touch.
IRC nick :- Acedip