Bug ID: 1974076
Summary: Chinese input methods use previously enabled layout
QA Contact: extras-qa(a)fedoraproject.org
Target Milestone: ---
Description of problem:
ibus-libpinyin (and most probably several other input methods) uses `default`
keyboard layout instead of `us` or whatever fits best. This effectively means
that the last keyboard layout (non-IME) will be used for the pinyin input. For
users which use non-Latin keyboard layouts, such as Russian or Ukrainian, this
makes pinyin input unusable.
Version-Release number of selected component (if applicable): 1.12.0
How reproducible: easily.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable pinyin input method in your settings.
2. Switch to e.g. Russian layout.
3. Switch to pinyin IME.
4. You will type Russian letters and pinyin IME will not trigger.
`4. You will type Russian letters and pinyin IME will not trigger.`
`4. You will type *Latin* letters and pinyin IME *will* trigger.`
There are two workarounds:
1. Manually patch `/usr/share/ibus/component/libpinyin.xml` and change `layout`
to `us` from `default`. I don't know how this will work with non-QWERTY
2. Switch to a Latin layout before switching to pinyin.
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.