I'm not great at packaging games. I keep thinking of packaging
something new but never get around to it. Development is more my thing.
So I took Shippy 1984 188.8.131.52 from Fedora sources. I applied all the
patches in the srpm. I modified it to compile with SDL2. (SDL1 is still
available.) I've just added a second player as well. I think there is
still a bug of two in it.
Versioning is a bit of an issue. The original author's newest web site
It has 1.4.1. It changes it to use C++, the author's IGame header
library, and only supports allegro5. The game code is largely
unchanged. The IGame library uses lua so you need that to compile
despite not using it.
The question then becomes what to call my fork. The game has not seen
an update in a long . I could go with 184.108.40.206 or 1.3.4 but then 1.4.1
is missing features. I could rename it but then the title screen and
intro robotic voice needs updating (which I don't know what could be
done for the later).
I have emailed the author but have not heard back.
BTW FreeGameDev has a hubzilla social networking site. I've been trying
to encourage postings. Here is a link to search for screenshot sunday
Dennis Payne <dulsi(a)identicalsoftware.com>