Nikki and Robots
by Dennis Payne
I was looking at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games
It lists Nikki and Robots as available but it isn't. The page tells you
it needs work so I'm not surprised to find something like that. Is
there anyway to know when it was removed and why? The company behind
the game is apparently gone. I thought maybe it was the CC-BY-SA
license on the levels but that appears to be acceptable for content.
The source can be found on github.
7 years, 10 months
by Emmanuel Seyman
I was at the LSM meeting last week at Beauvais in France and was introduced to
the two developers of Blackvoxel, a game that recently became open-source. The
developers are interested in getting their game packaged in the GNU/Linux
I've added Blackvoxel to the wishlist on the wiki. If anyone could find them to
make an package, I know it will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
7 years, 10 months
LordsAWar version 0.3.0 released!
LordsAWar! version 0.3.0 has been released with the following changes:
* added new scenario Duel Of The Gods.
* added new items to burn bridges, charm monsters in ruins, call for angels, send disease to a city, banish worms, raise defenders, and persuade neutral city.
* added program to upgrade old versions of lordsawar saved games.
* added program to import maps from Warlords 2.
* audited battle probabilities in comparison with Warlords 2.
* scenario editor can now export the map to a PNG file.
* added fight order editor to the scenario editor.
* updated to gtkmm version 3.
* now using unicode everywhere. migrated from std::string to glib::ustring.
* migrated from libtar to libarchive.
Fixed various gameplay bugs:
* heroes were never showing up as women.
* fixed bug where clicking the smallmap repeatedly and quickly would crash the game.
* fixed bug in joining stacks in the scenario editor.
* fixed many bugs in network play, thanks to Roger R.
Anyway it's definitely time for a new package. I've compiled and tested it on Fedora 22 so it should go pretty easy for you. I think Bruno packaged it last time, but I'm not sure if he's still involved or not.
The tarball is located here: http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lordsawar/lordsawar-0.3....
Anyway, this is an exciting new version, so thanks for helping people play LordsAWar!
7 years, 11 months