On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 15:21:45 -0700
Karsten Wade <kwade(a)redhat.com> wrote:
In today's meeting we discussed creating a simple message about
that attracts contributors. We then agree to amplify the message
through blog posts, stories, and engaging with Marketing, Ambassadors,
and other word spreaders.
I think thats a great idea.
Here are some elements I think are important:
* Easier to contribute to EPEL than ever before.
* Stable, secure, well-maintained packages for enterprise Linux
* Don't rebuild the wheel that we've already have greased and running
* Contribute back to the community packages you have been maintaining.
Ones that I don't know what to do with but would be fun to work
* Pathway to RHEL updates?
* Way to help define EL roadmap.
* If you run your business on a RHEL-base, you need to know about
* If you package community-sourced software for your enterprise, why
not do it in EPEL?
* Have you ever had EPEL recommended by Red Hat support, kbase,
training, consultants, etc.?
Yeah, not sure on those either. I think many are concepts it's hard to
decribe in a small bullet point. Might each be worth a blog post or the
cheers - Karsten