On 01/03/2014 10:05 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
I'd like to call attention to:
Setting up Upgrade Process
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libbluray.x86_64 0:0.2-0.6.20110710git51d7d60a96d06.el6 will be
--> Processing Dependency: libbluray.so.0()(64bit) for package:
---> Package libbluray.x86_64 0:0.5.0-2.el6 will be an update
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: mencoder-1.0-0.140.20120205svn.el6.1.x86_64
Updated By: libbluray-0.5.0-2.el6.x86_64 (epel-testing)
The update has been unpushed.
The karma messages is not the right place to discuss, so let's do it here.
The only dependency for this library is mplayer from RPM Fusion. mplayer
maintainer is ok to rebuild, but RPM Fusion admin is not ok to grant a
buildroot override. I know the update is a soname bump, it was my
mistake to build an early libbluray version in EPEL, and I won't do it
again, but I don't see how plainly refusing the buildroot override
without explanation from any side is helping, especially when the
maintainer of the one and only depending package is ok to rebuild. I'm
just trying to have a maintainable and useful library in EPEL, and I'd
rather drop it than keep it this way, because it is missing a lot of
features and will break sooner or later. People will just have to wait
for RHEL 7 and clones to get it again.
In short, I don't want to maintain this old libbluray in EPEL 6 and
there's nothing I can do to avoid the temporary breakage unless RPM
Fusion admin changes his mind, so either one find a way to have it
updated then mplayer rebuilt against it, either I'll probably drop it
and other dependant packages (which will require an mplayer rebuild anyway).
Adding rpmfusion-devel to recipients.
And btw, how to request an override in RPM Fusion is not documented, so
I did not know it was even possible. If anyone feels like explaining the
process, I might add it to the wiki, to avoid other people wasting time
searching about this like I did. And while I think about it, how to
retire a package is not documented either, but I should be able to
recollect the process from memory and logs.