= Weekly EPEL Summary =
Week 09/2008 2008-03-09 -> 2008-03-15
== Most important happenings ==
* Held meeting at scheduled time.
* RHEL-5.2 beta announced. Please test :).
== Mailing list ==
=== Noteworthy discussions ===
* RHEL 5.2 beta is out. Some EPEL packages will need to be removed as
they are in 5.2
== Meeting ==
=== Last weeks meeting ===
Thanks to everyone for attending.
* fill the steering committee; one self-nomination: Xavier Lamien|
all | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
* need to send another email to the list to get nominations.
* Status Reports | all | Build System, Packages in waiting etc
* build system working okish
* no problems that were reported.
* make broken dep reports work and send them to the list | mmcgrath
* more of a status report. reports are working and look good.
* EL-4/EL-5 pushes | knurd
* pushes going ahead as planned. Working on getting it covered by
more than one person.
* several packages are going to be replaced with EPEL packages.
* EPEL will not have a seperate fork for each EL-5.y.z branch...
unless there is a demand and volunteers for it.
* KojiAndBodhiForEpel | mmcgrath, _blah_ |
* discussion covered why we didn't have it for new people on the conversation
* discussion of why CentOS is not used.
* third party vendors want items built with RHEL binaries.. but
they aren't showing up on list
* EPEL being used in RHxx training as built against RHEL binaries
* more mirrors | smooge | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Tasks/Misc
* a request was made to the mirror list and several mirrors jumped
on board. We should have a larger coverage for users.
* marketing: Logo, Posters, etc?| smooge |
* a request was made on the web-page for artwork. No takers yet for art.
=== Next Meeting ===
Wednesday, 20080326 at 18:00 UTC in #fedora-meeting.
The topics scheduled for the next meeting as well as a rough status
for all in-progress steering committee tasks can always be found in
the wiki at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL/Schedule
== Stats ==
=== General ===
Number of EPEL Contributors:176
We welcome 1 new contributors: ianweller
=== EPEL 5 ===
Number of source packages: 1143
Number of binary packages: 1845
There are 1 new Packages:
* maradns | Authoritative and recursive DNS server made with security in mind
=== EPEL 4 ===
Number of source packages: 671
Number of binary packages: 1089
Stephen J Smoogen. -- CSIRT/Linux System Administrator
How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed
in a naughty world. = Shakespeare. "The Merchant of Venice"