On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 08:05:42 -0700
Stephen John Smoogen <smooge(a)gmail.com> wrote:
On 21 January 2013 12:11, Russell Golden
> I have a question that may better address the problem. At least to
> Why does epel-release need to change so much in the first place?
I believe it is due to key signing. The key is signed against the
other Fedora Keys. So when the F18 key or some other key comes out,
the EPEL key gets signed with it.
It doesn't change very often at all. From the changelog:
* Sun Nov 04 2012 <stahnma(a)fedoraproject.org> - 6-8
- Fix URL bz #870686
* Wed May 09 2012 Jens Petersen <petersen(a)redhat.com> - 6-7
- add ppc64 to ghc_arches
* Tue Jan 10 2012 Jens Petersen <petersen(a)redhat.com> - 6-6
- add /etc/rpm/macros.ghc-srpm from fedora redhat-rpm-macros
* Tue Oct 12 2010 Michael Stahnke <stahnma(a)fedoraproject.org> - 6-5
- Fix bug #627611
* Wed Aug 11 2010 Seth Vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> - 6-4
- conflict fedora-release
so 2 or 3 times a year due to macros or other adjustments and sometimes
0 times a year (2010).