Nice little meeting today, tools and mentoring were the main topics.
#fedora-docs on irc.freenode.net
Discussions about participation and recruiting are beginning on
f-docs-l. These tie into ongoing discussions on f-marketing-l.
Documentation Project has a few mentors. See
for more information.
Karsten - make sure FC devels know where to point potential writers
Paul - how-to engage tidy-bowl
Tommy - patch tidy-bown to add '-n' to not change doc but show changes
only - DONE
Paul, Stuart, Karsten - Post yum tutorial, deprecate old update
tutorial - DONE
All - if you want to be a mentor:
* pick someone to contact from
* anyone is worth asking, they might appreciate the help
* Cc: the initial contact to f-dsco-l, with a blurb such as, "I
Cc:'d the docs project committee so we can keep track of who
we each contact."
* Alternately, send a separate email, if you prefer.
* Ask to keep mentoring discussions on f-docs-l *or* have
summaries occassionaly sent. For example, the mentee could
send an email, "I discussed this idea with Karsten on IRC, and
he thinks it will work great, so this is what I'm doing ..."
## 30 ##
Karsten Wade, RHCE * Sr. Tech Writer * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
gpg fingerprint: 2680 DBFD D968 3141 0115 5F1B D992 0E06 AD0E 0C41
Red Hat SELinux Guide