I just tried to start my local antora Fedora docs build environment and it failed:
$ ./build.sh && ./preview.sh
This build script is using Docker container runtime to run the build in an isolated environment.
Unable to find image 'antora/antora:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from antora/antora
97518928ae5f: Pull complete
16a1a5057866: Pull complete
ad8b526cbb1f: Pull complete
0328e268dee9: Pull complete
189b546b5e76: Pull complete
9cb3f4115fdb: Pull complete
f4dabaa8a81b: Pull complete
Status: Downloaded newer image for antora/antora:latest
[07:32:52.861] FATAL (antora): configuration param 'runtime.pull' not declared in the schema for /antora/site.yml (cwd: /antora, playbook: site.yml)
Any idea what went wrong and how to fix it?
My name is Gabriel Viso Carrera. After using GNU/Linux for 20+ years,
time has come for me to begin contributing back with something. I have
heard about the culture at Fedora and I decided to try to start with
helping where I can around its documentation.
I will follow the self-introduction recommendations below; sorry for
the long email.
- Past contributions: I have been contributing to the Raspberry Pi
foundation translating Python learning material to Spanish.
- Computer skills: programming (C, Java, Python), using translation and
content management software and designing applications and systems (I
work as an Application Architect).
- Other skills: I am currently managing the team of App. Architects at
work, and I have been also software delivery manager in the past.
- What makes me a perfect match for the project? I don't think I am
perfect, but hope I can be useful. A key part of my career has been
documenting and communicating designs to engineers and non-technical
- I am interested in:
- the general documentation project --helping where is needed.
- Encryption / security tools,
- programming tools, and
- the audio subsystem (I have some podcasting background, too).
- I can also help translate / review Spanish (Spain) translations, if
this is the right project to do so (let me know if help is needed by
other projects on this topic).
- My GPG details:
pub rsa3072 2022-01-04 [SC] [expires: 2032-01-02]
CFEA D985 ACD2 8888 D340 709F 2E76 1732 2D1E 39B1
uid [ultimate] Gabriel Viso Carrera <gabriel(a)gvisoc.com>
sub rsa3072 2022-01-04 [E] [expires: 2032-01-02]
- Other useful details:
- Pronouns: he/him
- Timezone: Australia / Sydney (UTC+11)
- Languages: English, Spanish (Spain) --native.
I will be browsing the different projects while waiting for the next
steps, as advised.
~Gabriel Viso Carrera
Promise this is the last thread i'll start til next week, but back on the docs train a little bit :)
So, how does the team think about mixing up how the team works and communicates? im thinking two seperate ideas here:
1. Archive this mailing list and move discussion for docs over to discussion.fedoraproject.org
2. Clean up all the docs repos, and move them to gitlab (specifically gitlab.com/fedora/docs) -- obviously this is a big and contentious one, but it would allow us to have subgroups for our tooling and docs, making it easier to group this stuff out. Also the way gitlab shows all tickets for groups will allow us to see issues across all our docs repos, rather than following many many repos.